IPHE Country Update: April 2017
Name: Dr. P.C.Maithani, Adviser, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
Contact Information: email@example.com
Covered Period: November 2016 - April 2017
New Policy Initiatives on Hydrogen and Fuel Cell (Read more)
Hydrogen and Fuel Cell R&D Update (Read more)
Twenty six RD&D projects on different aspects of hydrogen energy and fuel cell technologies are under implementation as on 1 April, 2017 with funding from the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
Demonstration and Deployments Update (Read more)
Two numbers of hydrogen internal combustion engine based mini buses have been developed jointly by the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and Mahindra & Mahindra, Chennai. The field trials of these buses have started near Indian Oil Corporation’s R&D Centre at Faridabad, where a hydrogen refueling facility is in operation. This facility is also to be used for refueling of two fuel cell buses developed by Tata Motors.
Field trials of 15 hydrogen fuelled three wheelers in New Delhi and five hydrogendiesel dual fuelled vehicles in the National Institute of Solar Energy, Gurgaon is continuing.
Pilot scale hydrogen production plants based on biological routes have started demonstration at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad.
Events and Solicitations (Read more)
Investments: Government and Collaborative Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Funding (Read more)
For the financial year 2017-18 (1 April, 2017 to 31 March, 2018), there is a provision of Rs.220 Million (3.41 Million US dollars) for hydrogen energy and fuel cell related activities in the budget of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
Regulations, Codes & Standards Update (Read more)
Data Table (Read more)
Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources Government of India
Member Statements (Read more) - Last updated October 2016
- Indian Statement (PDF); 26th Steering Committee Meeting; Gwangju, Republic of Korea; November 1-4, 2016
- Indian Statement (PDF 185KB); 25th Steering Committee Meeting; Berkeley, CA, USA; May 17-20, 2016
- Indian Statement (PDF 55KB): 24th Steering Committee Meeting; Grenoble, France; 1-3 December 2015
- Indian Statement (PDF 881KB); 21st Steering Committee Meeting; Oslo, Norway; 19-21 May 2014
- Indian Statement (PDF 723KB); 19th Steering Committee Meeting; London, United Kingdom; 23-24 May 2013
- Indian Statement (PDF 1.72MB); 18th Steering Committee Meeting; Seville, Spain; 14 November 2012
- Indian Statement (PDF 897KB); Steering Committee Meeting; Sao Paulo, Brazil; 24-25 April 2007
- Indian Statement (PDF 1.03MB); Steering Committee Meeting; Kyoto, Japan; 14-15 September 2005
- Ministerial Statement (PDF 103KB); IPHE Inaugural Ministerial Meeting; Washington, D.C.; 20 Nov 2003