IPHE Country Update: October 2016
Name: Laurent ANTONI, Bernard FROIS
Contact Information: Laurent.firstname.lastname@example.org
Covered Period: December 2015 - October 2016
New Policy Initiatives on Hydrogen and Fuel Cell (Read more)
French Government multiannual energy program – “The objective of the electro-mobility development for passenger cars and utility vehicles of at least 1 ton is to have 2,400,000 electrical and plug-in hybrid vehicles by 2023”. http://www.consultations-publiques.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/7_-%20_Strategie_de_developpement_de_la_mobilite_propre.pdf Several incentives in the domain of sustainable mobility have been developed.
Launch of a French-German initiative for the electric and digital mobility: Both Countries agree to cooperate on the integration of the renewable energies in transport, and the promotion of electrical vehicles. They will also work on the emergence of a corridor of interoperable recharging points connecting Germany, France and the Iberia peninsula. http://www.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/Declaration_coinjointe_-_mobilite_electrique_et_numerique_-_29-09-16.pdf
Hydrogen and Fuel Cell R&D Update (Read more)
“PEMFC lifetime prediction by a full multi-scale modelling approach”, Mathias Gérard (CEA) et al. PRIME 2016 ECS PEFC16, October 2-7, 2016.
“Oxygen Reduction Reaction at Binary and Ternary Nanocatalysts Based on Pt, Ni and Au”, S. Lankiang, S. Baranton, C. Coutanceau (Université de Poitiers, IC2MP, UMR CNRS 7285), J. Berndt, A. Caillard, P. Brault (Université d'Orléans, GREMI, UMR CNRS 7344), PRIME 2016 ECS PEFC16, October 2-7, 2016.
“Up-Scaling the Pt Hollow Nanoparticle Materials: From the Laboratory Synthesis up to Large PEMFC Cell Integration”, F. Micoud, M. Heitzmann, C. Nayoze-Coynel, T. Gutel, L. Guetaz (CEA), R. Chattot, T. Asset, L. Dubau, F. Maillard (Grenoble Alpes University ; CNRS ; LEPMI). PRIME 2016 ECS PEFC16, October 2-7, 2016.
Demonstration and Deployments 2016 Update (Read more)
The first Toyota Mirai in France was delivered on September 9, 2016 to Air Liquide
Inauguration of the first manufacturing factory of PEM electrolysers in France, in Les Ulis (Ile de France).http://www.arevah2gen.com/en/products-services/hydrogen-generators
ENGIE joins Michelin and Symbio FCell
ENGIE joins Michelin in investing in Symbio FCell to accelerate the development of hydrogen mobility solutions. http://www.engie.com/journalistes/communiques-de-presse/engie-rejoint-michelin-au-capital-de-symbio-fcell/
Forklifts in Carrefour Group new distribution centre
Carrefour Group, the second-largest retailer in the world, will purchase more than 150 fuel cell units (GenDrive), to be deployed in STILL-brand class-2 and class-3 electric lift trucks at Carrefour's brand new distribution center located in Vendin-lès-Béthune, France. http://www.fch.europa.eu/news/carrefour-group-new-customer-fuel-cell-forklifts
HYPE Taxi Fleet
Eight FCEV’s taxis are driving in Paris which is expected increase to 70 taxis during 2016-2017. More than 230,000 kms have been driven as of the end of September.
55 new bicycles with electric assistance, propelled by fuel cells, and 6 Hydrogen filling stations have been sold since April by Atawey and Pragma Industries.
Clean hydrogen bicycles for urban areas
A world record has been established by CETUP during the Electromobility Days in Grenoble September 23 for the longest drive with a Kangoo ZE H2 equipped with 22 kWh of batteries and 1.8 kg of H2: 367 km.
Hydrogen Ship “ENERGY OBSERVER”, presented to the public before a world tour of 6 years
Energy Observer is a ship that aims at energy autonomy without greenhouse gas emission, thanks to an embedded hydrogen production/storage/conversion. The boat is developed in Saint-Malo by Energy Observer and CEA with the support of Accor Group and Thelem Insurance.
Events and Solicitations (Read more)
- Energy storage technologies by power to fuels and chemicals event, December 5-6, 2016, Grenoble
- AFHYPAC General Assembly, Paris, December 14, 2016
- European Fuel Cell Car Workshop 2017 (EFCW2017, https://efcw2017.sciencesconf.org/), Orléans, March 1-3, 2017
Investments: Government and Collaborative Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Funding (Read more)
Call for proposal IPME (Initiative for SMEs) on energy storage and conversion including hydrogen and fuel cells http://up91.mjt.lu/lnk/AEQAFruOzRwAAT0CQ_QAAFuSm18AAP-KXEAAAAAAAAV6ogBX8koGT4moqoMpRqmOJEDMkz7QSwAFQSI/3/_yY7RvRejvjt7C1eL5qBWg/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZGVtZS5mci9hY3R1YWxpdGVzL2FwcGVscy1hLXByb2pldHM Closure February 20, 2017. 174 projects have been funded since 2015, all sectors together for 32 M€ of grants.
Call for proposal on “hydrogen in the territories” launched May 4, 2016 and ended September 30, 2016. 30 territories have sent proposals for about 100 projects. Selection process is ongoing. http://www.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/AAP-territoires-hydrogene.pdf
Member Statements (Read more) - Last updated October 2016
- French Statement (PDF); 26th Steering Committee Meeting; Gwangju, Republic of Korea; November 1-4, 2016
- French Statement (PDF 291KB); 25th Steering Committee Meeting; Berkeley, CA, USA; May 17-20, 2016
- French Presentation (PDF 622KB); 25th Steering Committee Meeting; Berkeley, CA, USA; May 17-20, 2016
- French Statement (PDF 264KB); 24th Steering Committee Meeting; Grenoble, France; 1-3 December 2015
- French Statement (PDF); 23rd Steering Committee Meeting; Wuhan, China; 27-28 May 2015
- French Statement (PDF 3.97MB); 22nd Steering Committee Meeting; Rome, Italy; 2-3 December 2014
- French Statement (PDF 4.70MB); 21st Steering Committee Meeting; Oslo, Norway; 19-21 May 2014
- French Statement (PDF 1.49MB); 20th Steering Committee Meeting; City of Fukuoka, Japan; 20-21 November 2013
- French Statement (PDF 3.01MB); 19th Steering Committee Meeting; London, United Kingdom; 23-24 May 2013
- French Statement (PDF 1.96KB); 17th Steering Committee Meeting; Cape Town, South Africa; 3-4 May 2012
- French Statement (PDF 1.33MB); 15th Steering Committee Meeting; Vancouver, Canada; May 2011
- French Statement (PDF 51KB); 13th Joint Meeting of the ILC & SC; Essen, Germany; May 2010
- French Statement (PDF 1.03MB); ILC/SC Joint Meeting; Washington, DC; 1-3 December 2009
- French Statement (PDF 842KB); Steering Committee Meeting; Reykjavik, Iceland; 26-27 September 2006
- French Statement (PDF 2.13MB; Steering Committee Meeting; Kyoto, Japan; 14-15 September 2005
- French Statement; ILC Committee Meeting; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- French Statement (PDF 891KB); Steering Committee Meeting; Paris, France; 26-28 January 2005
- French Statement; Steering Committee Meeting; Beijing, China
- French Statement (PDF 91KB); ILC Meeting; Reisensburg, Germany; 26 February 2004
- Ministerial Statement (PDF 66KB); IPHE Inaugural Ministerial Meeting; Washington, D.C.; 20 Nov 2003