5th IPHE H2igher Educational Rounds
Rome, Italy | 1 December 2014
- Final Program (PDF 316KB)
- Award Tender (PDF 257KB)
- Fuel Cell Technologies Office Overview (2.6MB)
- Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Utilizaton in Japan (3.5MB)
- Overview of Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Development in Germany (4.2MB)
- Fuel Cells and Hydrogen EU Level Update (1.5MB)
- Fuel Cells Related Activities at SOFCpower S.p.A. (2.9MB)
- Resilient Hybrid Power Sources (38.1MB)
- Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Related Activities at DOLOMITECH (2.5MB)
- Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Related Activitiesat Sapenza University of Rome (2.9MB)
- Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Related Activities at the University of Rome Tor Vergata (8.2MB)
- Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Related Activities at the University of Padova (4.4MB)
The IPHE Educational Awards recognize the best PhD thesis and Master thesis, defended in the last three years (2012 - 2014) in faculties of Science and Engineering of Italian universities, in fuel cells, hydrogen and electrolyzers area.
Award for Doctoral Thesis
D. Papurello, Politecnico di Torino
"Biogas from anaerobic digestion of biomass (Organic Fraction
of Municipal Solid Waste and sewage sludge): trace compounds characterization through an innovative
technique (PTR-MS) and detrimental effects on SOFC energy
generators, from single cells to short stacks"
This thesis shows the technical feasibility of the energy generation using an SOFC stack fed by biogas coming from the organic waste anaerobic digestion.
Award for Master Thesis
G. Sdanghi, Napoli Federico II University
"New Generation Fuel Cells fed by Biohydrogen for Aerospace Application"
This thesis shows a Dark Fermentation Process to produce Biohydrogen for feeding a PEMFC and AFC System for Aerospace Applications.